Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby it's Cold Outside

I think I was lucky last semester. It didn't get this cold (10 degrees) until right at the end when I left for Christmas break. Also last year it was sunny almost all the time. This year it has been very cloudy, and it is a lot colder. Maybe I should have applied for the summer/fall track... oh well.

Yeah, for a photo assignment I have to take a self-portrait. It is very frustrating without a digital camera. With a digital camera I would be able to see the photo right away, whereas film I have to take my chances and hope that the photo turns out okay. It was mainly difficult though because I couldn't tell entirely where to stand in front of the camera. But I guess that is what makes this assignment exciting.

Anyways, for my self portrait I wanted to take the photo inside so I wouldn't have to stand out in the cold. But the lighting wasn't very good, so I had to take it outside. I went to the photo lab and got a tripod. I thought the tripod would be similar to the ones my mom has at home, but I was wrong. The one I had was really heavy, and I had to carry it all the way back to my apartment. Plus I had no gloves on, so the metal became extremely cold on my hands.

When I took the photos later I had to stand out in the cold. ugh! The things I do for photography. The sad thing is I use film, so I don't even know if the photos will turn out or not. Thankfully, I've gotten lucky or maybe I just have a better idea of what I'm doing now than before.

No comments: