Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why Idaho?

When I was a junior in high school I was looking through different colleges to choose from. I had searched through some in state colleges but I wasn't truly interested in them. I had my heart set on going to a church school.
So one night I looked at a website for a college called Southern Virginia, but I had a terrible feeling. I knew that was not where I was supposed to go. Then I looked through BYU's website. It is a good school, but the chances of me getting in were not very high. Plus, I really didn't feel good about it either. Then I decided to look through the BYU-Idaho website, and I had a overwhelming feeling of joy. I felt so happy, I knew that was where I was going to go.
Several months later I became a senior and I had to start applying to different colleges. I only applied for BYU and BYU-Idaho. Most people would probably think that I was mostly aiming to go to BYU since that would seem to be the better option right?
I finished my application within a few days before the deadline. I don't think BYU was very impressed. so I was denied (yeah it actually said DENIED). I thought that was kind of harsh, but within a few minutes of being denied I laughed. And to be honest I was relieved. I already knew where I needed to go. I didn't know what I would do if I got into both schools. I felt like if I got into BYU I would have to pick there, but I really didn't want to.
6 weeks later I was accepted into BYU-Idaho. But, I pretty much knew that I was going to get in.
I can't give an exact reason why I was meant to go here, but I truly feel like I am at the right place. I have thought about possibly transferring to BYU, but I have felt more at peace about staying in Idaho. There are certain classes, and things I have learned here I know I would not get anywhere else. I have also met many great people here. I'm always sad at the end of each semester because I miss the people from my classes, and I'm sad to leave my friends. Plus, a very important reason why I am here is because of the spirit. I have felt it very strong here, and it has helped me realize that I am at the right place.
Now I am beginning a new semester and I really hope that it will be a good one.

No comments: